Sons of Fenrir

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sons of Fenrir are Viking re-enactors who herald from Calgary, Alberta. The Majority of our group represent Norse, Icelandic and Anglo-Dane peoples from circa 850-950 AD.

3 posters

Hello all!!

Frodi Vigison
    Frodi Vigison
    Thrall

Reknown : 0

Hello all!! Empty Hello all!!

Post  Frodi Vigison Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi! Wow, this place is amazing! I didn't know there was so much viking stuff around! I've seen you guys at the highland games in the past, but I didn't know it was such a big community! so I was wondering how I could get involved? should I just come to a practice, or should I get stuff beforehand? I already have a tunic, pants and boots I think would be suitable, but I don't know what your restrictions are for how exactly historical it has to be. it would be great to get some more information. thanks!!

-theo
    Grimnir
    Grimnir
    Hirthmann

Reknown : 9

Hello all!! Empty Re: Hello all!!

Post  Grimnir Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:44 pm

Hail Frodi!

Appreciate the interest..

The best way is to come to the calgary military museum every sunday between 1 and 4, bring what kit you have and meet our Jarl Dagaz and everyone else.

Info will be shared with you to help you on the way.

We have the calgary Highland games this saturday so if you have the time and inclination pop by and meet most of us there..

Thanks! hope to see you..

Grimnir
    Trygve Gunnarson
    Trygve Gunnarson
    Hirthmann

Reknown : 7

Post  Trygve Gunnarson Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:07 am

In the mean time, if you're interested in reading up on what exactly is required for authenticity, all of the required resources for the group can be found here:

http://www.vikingsonline.org.uk/resources/authenticity/basickit/index.htm

And this is worth the time to read this as well as it answers a lot of question on what exactly your authenticity requirements are, and just how flexible they may be:

http://www.vikingsonline.org.uk/resources/authenticity/testers/index.htm

On top of that stuff, there's the safety gear requirements, which include a helmet (14-18 gauge), safety gloves, and arm bracers. You can see some great examples at practice!

Have fun!
    Trygve

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:20 am