Sons of Fenrir

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sons of Fenrir are Viking re-enactors who herald from Calgary, Alberta. The Majority of our group represent Norse, Icelandic and Anglo-Dane peoples from circa 850-950 AD.

3 posters

introduction

Isard
    Isard
    Drengr

Reknown : 0

introduction Empty introduction

Post  Isard Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Greetings Sons of Fenir,

A recent arrival here, and one with a long interest in things of the viking era I should like to know if there will be some opportunity to share mead with your crew, and perhaps someday cross blades with your company.

If there is on going practices, I have a car and would be interested to drop by. In my travels I've been to Iceland, Denmark, and attended the large viking festival in Wolin Poland as well as a couple mixed era festivals in Belarus.

For a long time before that I was known in the SCA as Isard Farman, a 9th century Frisian-Frank. At present I have no gear at all in Calgary, but am happily settling into a good monday-friday full time position in the city center.

skoll
    Grimnir
    Grimnir
    Hirthmann

Reknown : 9

introduction Empty Re: introduction

Post  Grimnir Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:41 am

Hail!

Our thanks for the interest.. Always on the hunt for good warriors Smile

Our season has pretty much ended for the year... now its weekly meets for kit repairs, camp and village building, healing our bodies.. things of that nature.. about once a month we will meet at a school or something for a trainer.

Nice winter days we will go out and fight or do photo shoots but no shows.
    We are looking at other options but that's a ways off.

If anything happens we will post here that there's a meet and come on out and meet us all for sure! Mostly if you're serious its a fine time to get a basic kit together so you are not scrambling at the start of the season for things that take awhile to make.Next season is going to be insane! You sound like you know these things..well traveled you are Smile

So keep an eye out for posts on meetings and if you have any questions at all please post them.. someone will be here to answer ya!

Appreciate the interest Isard! Look forward to meeting you.

skål

Grimnir

Isard
    Isard
    Drengr

Reknown : 0

introduction Empty thanks

Post  Isard Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:18 pm

Well Met Grimnir,

Indeed with the snow already falling, it is good time to start to gather a kit. Where I was living before there was no group, and so little incentive to do so.

While there is much I do know, this area is new and there are the limits of a small apartment. I do not expect to be transporting my anvil, vice, and such from the east and even the small collection of smaller tools are left back east. That said, a viking tunic would be a good project and certainly keep me occupied for some time.

Dagaz the Lucky
    Dagaz the Lucky
    Drengr

Reknown : 5

Post  Dagaz the Lucky Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:09 pm

Hail Isard.

Be sure to check out the kit guide that Grimnir has posted as well. It very neatly sums up what you will need to participate in this group.

We are always open to new people interested in depicting viking age re-enactment and welcome you to come out and meet us at our next get together. Feel free to post any questions you may have and we will happily point you in the right direction.

skål

Dagaz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:03 pm