Sons of Fenrir

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sons of Fenrir are Viking re-enactors who herald from Calgary, Alberta. The Majority of our group represent Norse, Icelandic and Anglo-Dane peoples from circa 850-950 AD.

3 posters

Mountain View Festival of the Arts

Kanina
    Kanina
    Drengr

Reknown : 1

Mountain View Festival of the Arts Empty Mountain View Festival of the Arts

Post  Kanina Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:19 pm

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the late info, but we've just gotten confirmation that our show in Didsbury this weekend is a go. This will be a two day camping event with village and combat displays. (Fight show times TBD) I know its short notice, but please, if you are able to make it come out and have some fun.

We are able to set up on Friday after 1pm, and plastic camp is allowed for those who want to hang out but don't have period tents. For those NOT camping, please be on site and in full kit by 10am.

The show runs 11am - 5 pm on this Saturday and Sunday (September 8 - 9) and is located just out side Didsbury. click here for map.

We will be providing lunch for members on both days , but you guys are on your own for breakfasts and dinners. Town is about 10 minutes away and there should be at least a few choices there.

The organizers have offered us tickets to a concert on Saturday night for those interested. I believe Jay has more information on that. The event will include merchants, art displays, and food trucks (mm food trucks) so bring some cash if you are so inclined.

That's about it! Plan for some chilly nights, and some fun drunken If you have any questions, contact Jay or post here and we'll answer what ever we can. Looking forward to seeing everyone who can make it Smile

Ps. Also check out the event website for any extra info and / or better driving directions. (I blame google maps)

http://www.mountainviewartsfestival.ca/schedule.html

Kanina

pps : our village will be set up on a sled dog track, so there's cushy heated toilets! Heated! nifty.

Maxine Spence
    Thrall

Reknown : 0

Mountain View Festival of the Arts Empty Thanks for coming out to our Arts Festival!

Post  Maxine Spence Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:29 pm

Just wanted to let you know that there has been nothing but good buzz generated by your presence at our Arts Festival here in Didsbury. Everyone loves you! And I mean everyone, from the kids who did battle with you at the Artisan Village to the little old ladies at the Quilt Exhibit and Museum you invaded, to the concert goers whose party you crashed on Saturday night, to the event organizers who let me get carried away with my "Viking Vision." To my mind, the Sons of Fenrir MADE the event and I will be doing everything I can to make sure you are front and center (and PAID) next year. Thank you for a wonderful weekend!
    Grimnir
    Grimnir
    Hirthmann

Reknown : 9

Mountain View Festival of the Arts Empty Re: Mountain View Festival of the Arts

Post  Grimnir Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:20 pm

Hail to ya Maxine!!!

Your words are like honey wine to our ears Smile

We were amazed at how well you all treated us ..from endless firewood and water to heated toilets (awesome) to a town full of cool people..it was a very fun event for us!

The quilt making and tea time at the museum were fantastic!!! Everyone was so nice!
    We all look forward to next year that's for sure..

Again Maxine, make sure everyone know how much we appreciated the support and friendliness..You guys rock Smile

Hail!!!
    Grimnir

Sponsored content

Mountain View Festival of the Arts Empty Re: Mountain View Festival of the Arts

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:59 am