Sons of Fenrir

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sons of Fenrir are Viking re-enactors who herald from Calgary, Alberta. The Majority of our group represent Norse, Icelandic and Anglo-Dane peoples from circa 850-950 AD.

2 posters

hail sons!

brunn
    Thrall

Reknown : 0

hail sons!  Empty hail sons!

Post  brunn Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:25 pm

Hail sons! i was wondering if you had any recommendations as to where i should get a good helmet? would i be able to just make one out of leather? also i was thinking of making a shield and was wondering if you could supply me with a good template?

-Haley
    Grimnir
    Grimnir
    Hirthmann

Reknown : 9

hail sons!  Empty Re: hail sons!

Post  Grimnir Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:19 pm

Hail to ya Haley!

Lots of options for helms.. We usually recommend Dark Age Creations here in Calgary..they have some great helms for a decent price.. or Kult of Athene in the states. Great products,expensive shipping. Best option is to narrow your search as to what type of helm you're after and go hunting for the best price. Also the leather helms are easily done on your own.. plenty of patterns online.

Shields...no set template.. we use baltic birch or some 1/2 in hard wood cut in a 30 in. diameter, cut a hole for the boss, paint it, peen the boss on, peen an oak handle on and leather rim it with old fashion nails from Lee Valley. Easier said than done but that's more or less the process.

Hope that helps ya out abit Smile

Grimnir

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:41 pm